Democracy in Practice
[column first=”true” size=”6″][/column] [column last=”true” size=”6″]
Democracy in Practice is an AEGEE-Europe Project that aims to raise awareness among young people about the importance of Human Rights as the basis of a healthy democracy in order to promote social and political participation of young people in their local, national and European environment.
According to a research, many AEGEE members are not aware of the rights they have. Only half of the responders have seen the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and about one third could mention any institutions that work in the field. However, all the responders thought this is a field that is relevant to AEGEE.
That’s why our Project encourages you to organise three types of activities:
Activities and workshops:
- International Days (Democracy and Human Rights) activities
- One-day events
- Agora/EPM/NWM workshops
- Debates/round-table discussions
- Summer Universities
- Other events
Democracy in Practice Events:
- Training Courses
- Closing Conference
Are you looking on ways to how to Get Involved with Democracy in Practice?
- Like our Facebook Page
- Follow us on Twitter
- Join our Facebook Group for Interested People
- Meet us at Agora/EPM Fair
- Join our workshops at Agorae/EPMs/NWMs
- Join our Training Courses
- If you organise Human Rights Activities, please fill in this form.
- If you organise Democracy Activities, please fill in this form.
- If you think of organising a Democracy in Practice Summer University, please fill in this form to set a Skype meeting.
- If you wish to collaborate with us, please contact us.