Year of creation: 1985
- Open, suspend, close the Agora (General Assembly) and the EBM (European Boards’ Meeting)
- Execution and preparation of the agenda for statutory events
- Ensure fair hearing, parity of speaking and time limit for every motion and speaker
- Preside over statutory events (Agora and EBM); chair plenaries and prytania
- Draft the agenda
- Select workshops
- Set up the application system, select participants
- Communication with the Comité Directeur, Juridical Commission, local organisers, participants, network
- In cooperation with the Secretary General, help coordinate the logistics for the event
- Publish minutes for each statutory event
The Chair Team presides over the Agora. They draft the agenda for the Agora and ensure that it is carried out accordingly. The chair team makes sure that the Statutory Events run smoothly. They chair plenaries and prytania, take minutes, take care of IT tasks, help prepare the meetings, keep in contact with local organsers and the CD, select workshops and also communicate relevant information towards the participants.
In order to become part of the chair team, one must candidate for the position of either chairperson, or secretary at the Agora. The IT responsible is selected by the chairperson. However, it is also possible to become a Chair Shadower. Generally speaking, experienced members stand a better chance of being part of the Chair Team. Being a member of the Chair Team will be challenging, rewarding and interesting also for those members who have held several different positions in AEGEE before.
- Chairperson: The requirements for the position of chairperson is experience as a board member of a local, as CD member OR as a delegate at a former Agora. The chairperson is elected at the Autumn Agora for the period of two ordinary Agorae (1 year). Familiarity (or at least strong interest) in the structures of AEGEE, organisational work, chairing, and knowledge of the CIA are essential for filling this position.
- Secretary: The requirements for the position of secretary is experience as a board member of a local, as a CD member OR as a delegate at a former Agora. The secretary is elected at the Agora for the period of one ordinary Agora (6 months); from Autumn Agora 2012 onwards, elected at the Autumn Agora for the period of two ordinary Agorae (1 year). Familiarity (or at least strong interest) in the structures of AEGEE, organisational work, typing, and knowledge of the CIA are essential for filling this position.
- IT responsible: The requirements for the position as IT responsible is experience in the IT field, familiarity (or at least strong interest) in the structures of AEGEE, organisational work, knowledge of the CIA. The IT responsible is appointed by the Chairperson, so in order to join the team in this position, one should submit their application directly to Chair Team after open call is sent.
Emails, Skype meetings, Sharing data systems (Google docs, dropbox, etc), Regular team meetings (weekends, 3 or 4 days in a city, etc)
Amount of work required:
Strongly depends on how close the statutory event is. Roughly 6-8 hours a week. Presence at Chair weekend, all statutory events (meeting one evening before) required.